Steps for anyone to get funding for properties via Buy The Block
Pooling investor capital with Buy The Block through crowdinvesting allows for “group buying” in shares of real assets and real property, including residential and commercial properties. Apartments, office complexes and retail buildings all represent attractive opportunities for investors. Instead of purchasing entire buildings and properties, directly dealing with tenant issues, investing in shares of real estate means investors receive a return on their capital without being involved in the regular management or day-to-day operations of the property.
For Block Developers, Buy The Block is a great opportunity to obtain financing and develop communities in need. With Buy The Block, Block Developers have a new mechanism to raise capital via the internet through our real estate crowdinvesting platform which provides access to our community of BlockVestors.
Here are the steps:
- Block Developer create an account.
- Block Developer submits initial property information to Buy The Block; Legal Name, Company Details, Income, Property Details, etc.
- Block Developer Rep contact Block Developer.
- Block Developer Rep ask for required information to determine if Block Offer can be posted on Buy The Block.
- Block Developer sell shares to BlockVestors in a structured entity (such as an LLC or C-Corp).
- Block Developer prepares a Private Placement Memorandum (PPM) and other legal / compliance documents.
- Block Developer agrees for Block Offer to go through all Due Diligence before any Block Vestor can invest.
- Once approved, Block Developer can proceed to create an offer on Buy The Block.
- Block Developer starts market their deal via many sources.
- Buy The Block notifies its community of BlockVestors of an approved Block Offering
- Block Developer contacts existing network of potential investors to publicize the Block Offering.
- BlockVestors perform self certification via Buy The Block portal.
- BlockVestors who have completed this process can invest in an Block Offering.
- A Block Developer may utilize the following resources to publicize their Block Offering.
- a. Social Media
- b. Public Relations
- c. Events / Campaign Strategy
- d. Video Production / Distribution
- e. Project Management
- f. Introduction to Global Investor Networks
- d. Announcement & advertising via multiple websites
Buy The Block has consultants who may also help with the above channels. Using Buy The Block for your real estate offering helps to boost the power of your investment network, giving other local, regional and national investors the ability to bring capital into a compelling deal.